Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday - Movie I'd Like to Star In


With Boxer still missing in action, the Milk River Madman is graciously continuing to host the Movie Clip Wednesday Meme where everyone picks a clip from their favorite movies based on a weekly theme. This week's theme is THE ROMANTIC COMEDY YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED TO STAR IN. Can the theme name get any longer? The Madman thinks this is a tough one for me. To him I say - pshaw! Your in my world now.

I've actually thought (fantasized) about this topic on my own before the Madman threw down the gauntlet. And after banging my head on the keyboard for a couple of minutes, it came back to me. One of the greatest scenes ever filmed (not rated X). I will concede that it's not much of a comedy although you could make the argument that anything Matt Dillon stars in is a comedy. Guys, you know the movie I'm talking about, 1998's Wild Things starring Matt Dillon, Denise Richards and Neve Campbell. Relax ladies, this clip ends at the really good part. But you asked, so I'm telling you that I would like to play Sam Lombardo so I can be in the middle of that Denise and Neve sandwich (ooooh, I smell a culinary smackdown theme).



So, I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of Cary Grant, Richard Gere, Spencer Tracy and Antonio Banderas clips over at the Madman s. So go on over but check your testosterone at the door.

14 comments:

pamokc said...

I thought it was supposed to be "who do you want to co-star in a romantic comedy"???? Maybe there is something highly amusing here if I could just think of the right joke to go with your post. Or maybe you just wanted a chance to use this scene for MCW ... heh.

Aunty Belle said...

Will be back after I has mah cawfee--looks like I need fortitude to look at what entices BuzzK so...

Joanna Cake said...

Ah yes, I can see why you would like this, Buzz. Ruf is in agreement :)

Not much of a fan of Matt Dillon, a bit too beetly browed for me.

I guess the decision in your selection for the opposing role depends on whether you go for the romance or the comedy. Personally, I like the comedy aspect to be a major role rather than just gentle tomfoolery. So the comedian doesn't necessarily need to be a major looker but appeal in a more cerebral way. That's not to say that my choice isnt a handsome man, just not in the conventional sense...

moi said...

Hah! I knew it! Score one por Moi (in a manner of speaking.) Happy MCW, Buzz!

Karl said...

Good evening Buzz Kill,

Mmm, Sandwiches.

Sharon Rudd said...

Culinary Smackdown results up (finally!). Thanks for your entry!

http://eggplanttogo.blogspot.com/2010/07/veggie-culinary-smackdown-results.html

Buzz Kill said...

Pam
I already conceded that this was not a comedy but you gotta like the romance - he gave them a bottle of wine.

Aunty
You're a worldly kind of woman. This kind of thing happens to everyone - except me.

Joanna
This is as close to a romance movie as I get. The nice thing about MCW is there are no rules.

Moi
You know me pretty good, huh? I actually almost went with Young Frankenstein because I have this thing for Teri Garr.

Karl
You know it dude.

IE
You had a lot to review. Did you like my suggestion for the next smackdown?

Jenny said...

I told Mr.Boxer last night that I wished you lived closer because I think the two of you would really get along. :-)

Jenny said...

oh, and

knowlege is power.

Heff said...

I remember this movie WELL, lol !

Buzz Kill said...

Boxer
It would be nice to talk to a like-thinking man. There's so few of us with good taste.

Heff
I knew you'd have my back on this one. Show of hands, what guy wouldn't want to star in this movie? That's what I thought.

Milk River Madman said...

This movie was good right up to the point where you saw Kevin Bacon's junk. "Now, you two kiss." The funny thing to me about this entire movie is that Matt Dillon thought he was smarter than the two high school girls and he wasnt'. It's drama portraying real life here. Dillon isn't smarter than any high school girl. Or junior high school girl. Or my 5 year old nieces.

Buzz Kill said...

Madman
You're in way too deep for this movie. It's a threesome dude! I didn't much care for the rest of it.

pamokc said...

A bottle of wine equals romance! Aha. Thanks for enlightening me! I thought a bottle of wine just increased odds.