Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Halloween - November 5th?

Well, enough about politics and the total destruction of the American way of life.  Let's talk about Halloween.

With New Jersey still feeling the sting from Hurricane Sandy, Governor Chris Christie moved (by official, executive, double-secret decree) Halloween to Monday, November 5th.  This worked out great for The Pudge and his buddies who work the annual haunted house.  They did their last haunted house on Saturday (November 3rd) and that freed them up to go trick-or-treating.  Even though it was pretty cold, they had a great time.  And I didn't have to go with them - which was a big plus.

Some of the boys you know from past blogs.  Simple J is the Detective, The Pudge is the Standing Ghost (you'll have to take my word on that) and Birch is on the far right (I'm not sure what he was supposed to be).



Supposedly, someone took a video of a stroll through this year's haunted house.  If I can find it, I'll post it.  It was really impressive this year.  They had a midget - for real.  

10 comments:

Jenny said...

please find the midget photo. I need something to feel good about.

fishy said...

Nice to see you back posting!
No big Halloween bash at your place to break in the new room?

Buzz Kill said...

Boxer
I'm trying. You know, when I went through the haunted house and saw the midget (I know that's not PC - sue me), I thought it was someone on their knees. Then I walked behind him and there were no legs there. Then I looked a little closer at his face - I just wasn't expecting that. Apparently he was really funny and the kids just loved him. And he did well with the chicks, they all wanted to hug him.

Fishy
No, The Mrs. was out of town and we're gearing up for Thanksgiving. Looks like I have 31 coming this year.

Aunty Belle said...

hmmmn...that midget never showed up?? looks like Pudge had a swell time.

moi said...

THIRTY-ONE for Thanksgiving? Dude. Got Xanax?

moi said...

Travel safely, and have a Happy and a Merry!

chickory said...

Merry Merry Christmas, Buzz!! xo

Karl said...

Happy New Year Buzz Kill!

Sharon Rudd said...

Happy New Year, Buzz! Thanks for stopping by my place. Miss ya and hope all is well!

Aunty Belle said...

Happy New YEar!!

Iffin' ya come back this-a-way, give me a holler--mebbe y'all can come have a glss of moonshine. Heh.