Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday - Best Movie that Became a Hit TV Show


I think Boxer is almost ready to start playing again, but the Milk River Madman still continues to host the Movie Clip Wednesday Meme where everyone picks a clip from their favorite movies based on a weekly theme. This week's theme is BEST MOVIE THAT BECAME A HIT TV SHOW. The Madman has given us an interesting twist to ponder in that most TV series go to movies, not the other way around. Right off the bat, I'd have to say the funniest TV series ever to come from a movie has to be MASH. Loved that series. I was in college (1983) when the final episode aired and everyone in the dorm got together in whatever military and doctor's garb we could steal to have a final episode party. It was that big of a deal.

My second choice would have to be 1992's the Indiana Jones Chronicles based on Raiders of the Lost Ark. A prequel TV series I thought it was interesting to see how Indiana Jones came to be and to see the very old Indiana Jones (with eye patch - go figure) even though it only lasted two seasons.

But which one did I pick for this week's theme? There can be only one - 1992's Highlander TV series. Anything that is about history, immortality, Scots and decapitation will get my attention every time. I never really liked Christopher Lambert as Connor MacLeod. He was kind of weird looking with an odd accent that I never got. But I loved the storyline and the period segments. Here is the trailer from the original 1986 movie:


Here's the trailer from the TV Series. I always thought Adrian Paul made a much better Connor MacLeod:


And here's what Ricky Bobby has to say about the movie:


I'm curious to see what the Madman has in store and I know I'm risking blogger jinx with Pam because of the Scottish thing. I'm home this week (still recovering from pneumonia) so I should get to visit everyone.

11 comments:

moi said...

Highlander is a total dude thing, but an excellent choice nonetheless! I liked Lambert much better as Tarzan. Didn't speak so much. He's French, which is a problematic accent when you're trying to do generalized "euro." Happy MCW!

Milk River Madman said...

Great choice. When I was researching other possiblilties besides MASH there was quite a list. Unfortunately, I never watched any of the TC shows except MASH. Happy MCW.

pam said...

Oh I love this choice! Never crossed my mind. I never watched the movie until after I had seen a few of the tv episodes. You are right, Adrian Paul was the BEST. In lots of ways. If you like this, are you reading the book series by (I think) John Twelve Hawks -- sort of a time travel futuristic seeker and watcher kind of thing .....??

Karl said...

Good afternoon Buzz Kill,

I enjoyed the movie I never saw the TV show. Is that Queen singing the theme song?

Good to hear your recovering. Enjoy your clip day.

Buzz Kill said...

Moi
And I am a "Total Dude". Bwahahaha The Mrs would laugh at that too.

Madman
There are more Movie to TV show movies out there than I thought. But MASH is the best.

Pam
Unfortunately, I have no time to read. One of these days, after I boot the kids out of the house...

Karl
Yep, that's Queen. I'm recovering slower than I would like. It will be another couple of weeks before I get my lungs back.

Heff said...

Never seen any Highlander, either.

Damn, I'm out of the loop.

Joanna Cake said...

Blog Jinx with the first two and Highlander never even entered my radar :)

Aunty Belle said...

awwww...no new MCW? Well no matter...next time.

BTW, I aian't a big TV watcher, but have become mad fer Mad Men

Aunty Belle said...

BuzzK

you OK? no post in awhile--not tryin' ter be nosy, jes' wonderin' if thangs is OK round yore neck o the woods.

Ahyhoo--I has warp speed weekend comin' at me like a train so ain't sure that mah own site will git a new post--but did wanna say, howdy do to ya'.

Jenny said...

Yo - new post. Need your vote.

Buzz Kill said...

Aunty and Boxer

I'm around and will be entering the Coco contest and Dim Sum Sunday. My schedule is just out of control.